Your Rights and Responsibilities
Our Commitment to You
- You can expect to be greeted in a friendly, helpful and professional manner.
- Aim for you to have access to a suitably qualified medical professional within 48 hours of your initial contact during surgery hours, or in an urgent case, the same day.
- All home visit requests will be met the same day where medically necessary.
- Every effort is made to make surgeries run on time, but you will appreciate that some consultations take much longer than others and it is not possible to predict in advance which these will be. If the delay is more than 30 minutes, the receptionist will offer an explanation.
- Work in partnership with you to achieve the best medical care possible.
- There will be confidentiality by all the staff members dealing with your medical records.
- We will respect you need for dignity, privacy and your religious and cultural beliefs.
- If you are disabled or have special needs we will ensure our premises and services cater for you as far as possible.
Your Responsibilities to Us
- Our practice staff are here to help you. Please treat them as you would wish to be treated yourself. Reception staff may have to ask some personal questions to assist us in providing you with the best service
- Let the surgery know as soon as soon as possible if you cannot keep your appointment. This will allow us to offer the appointment to another patient.
- Only request a home visit if the patient is too ill to get to the surgery.
- An appointment is for one person only. If more than one member of your family needs to be seen, please book an extra appointment. If you have several problems please book a double appointment to help us run to time.
- Let us know when you change your address, name or telephone number (landline or mobile). You can do this by using our Change of Personal Details triage.
- You are responsible for your own health and that of any dependents. It is important that you adhere to information and advice given to you by health professionals, and co-operate with the practice in endeavouring to keep you healthy.